Terms and conditions of Hire
The “Client” means the person(s), organisation or company booking the equipment with the DEFINITIONS
The “Client” means the person(s), organisation or company booking the equipment with the Giggling Genie Entertainment
The “Company” means Giggling Genie
The “Equipment” means the photo booth, computer, camera and printer and all accompanying accessories.
- By booking a photo booth with Giggling Genie either verbally or in writing, including email or online, it is deemed that the customer has thoroughly read, understood, fully agreed and is bound by all our terms and conditions of hire for the photo booth.
- If traffic or other any other uncontrollable circumstances prevent us from being able to achieve our contracted responsibilities, our liability shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid in relation to the contracted event or a pro rata reduction in the hire fee in the event of a delayed start. No further compensation will be paid irrespective of any loss of earnings.
Prices, Deposit and Balance Payments
- All hires are subject up to £100 non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be deducted from the final hire fee.
- The balance shall be paid in full and cleared no later than 10 days prior to the event start date.
- Advertised prices are subject to change without prior notification.
- Hire Charges include setting up the booth 1 to 1.5 hours before it becomes operational. If the booth is to be set up earlier then additional waiting charges may be incurred. Refer to Idle hours rates.
- Any cancelled hire is subject to the following cancellation charges:
- If the client cancels any time after 2 weeks of booking a photo booth the deposit is then non refundable and will be kept as admin charge.
- Cancellation 30 days after booking (only applicable for events more than 60 days in advance) Free Cancellation all monies refunded.
- Cancellation 30 days or more before the event – refund of any monies paid, excluding the initial deposit payment and transaction fees*
- Cancellation between 30 – 14 days of the event – refund of only 50% of the full booking cost excluding transaction fees*. At this point, it is usually too late for us to get another booking, and so we have lost out.
- Cancellation within 14 days of the event – Full amount is payable.
- Full Payment
Full payment is required at least 14 days before your event. An invoice will be generated and a reminder is e-mailed to you, or you can post a cheque for the final amount.
- All equipment remains the property of Giggling Genie at all times.
- Giggling Genie reserves the right to substitute hired equipment with equipment of a similar type and value without notice in the event of previous damage or loss of booked equipment.
- All sizes quoted are approximate.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure the equipment is fully supervised by a responsible adult at ALL TIMES.
- NO persons are allowed to move/ tamper with the equipment at ANY TIME without a attendant present
- NO persons under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substance are allowed the use the equipment.
- NO food, drink, gum, pets, toys and/or sharp implements are permitted while using the Mirror, including around the props and guest book table.
- Users of the equipment must remove, jewellery, badges, any long necklaces, buckles or sharp objects at attendants request.
- It is recommend a maximum number of 10 users can use the Mirror at one time. Limit numbers according to the age and size of guests using it. Try to avoid large guests and small children from using it at the same time.
- Prevent horseplay and ensure guests are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
- NO climbing on the Mirror. If applicable, users must not sit on guestbook table.
- NO silly string, streamers, party poppers or similar ink based products in or near the equipment. These such products contain stain, and are difficult to remove. The cost of cleaning will be charged to the client at £30 per hour plus costs. If not removable full replacement/repair costs are liable by client. If using face paint, please ensure this is water based and easily removed with a cloth. Staining left by face paint will result in the Client being invoiced for cleaning or repair
- Users are not permitted on the equipment during set up until the photo booth attendant has agreed it is safe to use, nor are users permitted inside the photo booth during time of pack down.
- Keep guests clear of all electrical connections, computers, TVs and extension leads.
- The client is not permitted to move the equipment from the position it is erected/set up once the photo booth attendant has left the premises.
- The equipment will be supplied to the Client in a clean condition and it is the responsibility of the Client to ensure no one uses the equipment until the photo booth attendant arrives 30 minutes before the event start time if such arrangements have been made in regards to early set up. Failure to do so will result in the Company charging the Client per damaged piece of equipment.
- Giggling Genie reserve the right to refuse use of the equipment to any person contravening any of the clauses above.
Delivery, Site Location, Facilities and Conduct
- Please ensure the area provided is undercover and no less than 2.5m wide x 1.5m deep x 2.5m high.
- When set up the Mirror & equipment is unable to be moved to another area and will remain in 1 area for the duration of the hire.
- Client is responsible to ensure adequate and safe 240V AC mains supply is available on delivery and throughout the hire period. The Company cannot be held liable for power cuts /loss of power. No compensation will be paid for loss of use.
- Should an adequate distance of power supply not be supplied it is down to the client to provide safe & electrically tested utilities in order to operate the photo booth for the duration of hire.
- It is the Clients responsibility to ensure the computer unit is not accessed or tampered with throughout the whole duration of the booth being set up. Any loss of use of the equipment will not be compensated unless due to the fault of the Company. Compensation is excluding any delivery charges, based on the event times/ location. No further compensation will be paid irrespective of expenses occurred.
- The company reserves the right to refuse delivery if the venue or site is deemed to be unsuitable by our delivery personnel or if the client has failed to notify the company of any delivery obstructions such as stairs or excessive loading distances from our vehicle to the set up site. In such a case no refund will be given and the full hire fee will be due.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that suitable security and crowd control measures are in place prior to the start of the event.
- Giggling Genie reserves the right to cease operation and remove hired equipment from site if at any time a representative of the company feels that guests or clients conduct endangers the safety of guests, clients, themselves or the safety of the equipment. In such cases no refund will be given and full contracted fees will be due to us.
- It is the clients responsibility to ensure guests of the booth must take photos with feet firmly on the floor. A maximum of 10 users can use the Mirror at 1 time, any more users than the maximum amount entitle the users to ensure that all parties are safe at all times.
- If a representative of the company feels that any user will potentially or has jeopardise the safety of others and/or the equipment they hold full rights to cease the user from using the Mirror to ensure the risk is kept to a minimum throughout the event.
Liability and Insurance
- The company is insured for £10,000,000 public liability insurance and is happy to provide a copy of the insurance certificate upon the client’s request.
- The client agrees to indemnify the company for any damage or theft of Giggling Genie equipment whilst on hire. Should the client not indemnify the company of such damage/theft within 7 days, the company will commence legal proceedings.
- Giggling Genie accepts no liability for any damage or loss of personal property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment.
- The customer agrees to, and understands the following:
All persons using Giggling Genie’s equipment, at the customer’s event hereby gives to Giggling Genie Entertainment, the right and permission to copyright and to reproduce or otherwise use any photographic portraits or pictures of any equipment user. Such use may include, but is not limited to, any social media site or magazine/leaflet for the purposes of illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or for any other purpose.
Once in the public domain, the company accepts no liability for the further use, or misuse, of the photographic portraits mentioned in clause 8.1 above, by any third party.
- All marketing material, content on the Giggling Genie website (www.GigglingGenie.co.uk) and material used on other platforms of marketing such as, but not limited to, social media is original content from GigglingGenie.co.uk and the Director is the author and copyright holder. Use of copyright protected material without permission is illegal under copyright laws and will be followed with legal proceedings.
- If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable under contract law, then that provision, or portion thereof, shall be deemed separate from the rest of this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions, or portions thereof.